At Forini, we understand that privacy is very important to our customers and therefore have in place very stringent measures to ensure high security of the personal information we collect about them. This privacy statement is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as well as the Australian Privacy Principles. Under this Privacy Act, personal information is defined as any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- Whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or material form is recorded in a material form or not.
1.0 Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you when you register for an account, subscribe to our newsletter or use any of our online services including contact forms, advertisements or purchases.
By registering, subscribing or using any of our services, you consent to the use of your personal data in line with this policy. We may also receive some information about you from third parties such as Google, Facebook and others, with whom we have business relationships. We also may collect your personal information through promotions and contests or competitions which we or thirds parties may hold.
The information we collect and hold about you may include your name, email and home address, contact phone numbers, billing and shipping information, IP address, search criteria, shopping history, shopping preferences, and other location information.
2.0 Storage of Personal Information
We do not collect and store your debit or credit card details in our databases nor do we share these details with our general related third parties.
3.0 Uses and Disclosure of Personal Information
Depending on the type of information collect, there are several ways in which we use/handle and disclose your personal information as detailed below:
3.1 Uses of Personal Information
- To provide you with new information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest or benefits to you, but only where you have given us authorisation to do so.
- To successfully complete sales and delivery of your order.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To effectively and efficiently perform after sale services such as the processing of your refunds, warranty claims and general repairs.
- To improve our services through general analytics.
- To provide updates and special offers to you through promotions and other direct marketing means including emails and newsletters.
- To perform general administrative duties including the security and maintenance of our services, and notifications of possible changes to our services.
3.2 Disclosure of Personal Information
- From time to time, we may share some un-identifiable and aggregate information with our advertisers to help us and them reach our target audience (this information largely consists of statistical information such as age groups, gender and the number of visits to our website)
4.1 What are Cookies
Cookies are small text files that our website may place on your computer, tablet or mobile devices as a tool to remember your preferences. Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer. Our cookies cannot identify your direct personal information but they may identify your internet service provider (ISP), internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, computer operating system, and things alike. Cookies are an industry standard and most websites use them mainly to assist in the improvement of user experiences. For example, they can help display the information on a website in a way that matches your interests.
5.1 Provision of consent
Our website mainly uses Google Analytics, Double-Click and Google AdWords and AdSense for general website traffic analytics, advertising and marketing services.
5.2 Withdrawal of Consent
Below are a number of ways in which you can go about withdrawing your consent from us to collect, store and use your personal information.
- You can elect not to provide your personal information through enquiries or visits to our website or simply participating in marketing and promotional events that we may hold.
- You can unsubscribe from our newsletters and any of our other services that you may be subscribed in.
- You can Contact Us, email email@example.com or simply write to us at “Attn: Compliance and Privacy Officer, Po Box 95, Beenleigh, Qld, 4207, Australia.”
6.0 Accessing Your Personal Information
You are entitled to have access to any personal information which we hold about you., except in certain exceptional circumstances provided by law (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)). You are also entitled to edit and correct such information if the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
9.0 Contact Information and Registering a Complaint
We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service and therefore we will do our very best to resold any of your queries. If you have any concerns or would like to raise a complaint in regards to the way we collect, store, use or disclose your personal information, please Contact Us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply write to us at “Attn: Compliance and Privacy Officer, Po Box 95, Beenleigh, Qld, 4207, Australia.”